Hypercubed Blog

Incoherent chatter on issues related to science, computing, and philosophy.
Random chains of thought from a scattered mind.

Hypercubed Blog has Moved!

 

The hitchhikers guide to the galaxy
Posted Wednesday, May 18, 2005 5/18/2005 10:57:00 PM

The hitchhikers guide to the galaxy movie came out recently and I was only slightly impressed. It was funny, in a British sort of way, but not very funny. I had never read the book(s) and as I was watching I was thinking that this would be much funnier if I were reading it. Soon after that I purchased the book and while I’m not yet finished I can tell that this is going to be a great ride. The humor in the book is many times more then what was in the movie. I don’t regret seeing the movie. As a matter of fact I think seeing the movie first was a benefit. Having watched the movie it gives the book added voice and visuals that might not have been as detailed if I hadn’t seen the movie. I’ll write more when I finish the book (or the trilogy, which for some reason consists of five books) but for now I’ll leave you with a great quote that you will find in the book but not in the movie (it would never work in the movie):

…”you’d better be prepared for the jump to hyperspace. It’s unpleasantly like being drunk.”
“What’s so unpleasant about being drunk?”
“You ask a glass of water.”
Authur thought about this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


:


<< Home

Previous Posts

Google
 
Web hypercubed.blogspot.com
www.hypercubed.com